2 February 2015

Battle of the Face Masks

Hi Guys,
So not so long ago I started looking into and reading reviews on what face mask I should buy from Lush and the top two names that kept on popping up were: Cupcake (£6.50) and Mask of Magnaminty (£9.75). So I decided to buy both masks and trial them out over a period of time. 

Now the first main difference on the masks is that Cupcake is a fresh face mask and it has to be kept in the fridge, whereas Mask of Magnaminty is self-preserving so you can leave it on your bathroom shelf. Neither of these storing requirements really bothered me, although cupcake does feel lovely and cooling as it's been in the fridge!
Cupcake smells divine. It actually smells and looks like cake mix. It's actually made from Rhassoul mud which basically helps to give your skin a real deep clean. There's also some fresh mint to tone your skin and some cocoa butter in there to help moisturise and soften your skin. Now When I use this mask it seriously does leave my skin feeling as smooth as can be, I literally can't stop touching my face - it feels clean, smells minty and so soft. However I don't think this has really helped with the spot situation. I think that this mask is more for when you want to give yourself a bit of Me time and have a pamper session, rather than using it to target problem areas.

Mask of Magnaminty on the other hand smells awful. I'm not going to lie the scent just isn't for me. The only way I can describe the scent is well..it smells of nature. This mask is made with peppermint oil, marigold oil and chlorophyll (whatever that is?!) which all help to treat the skin, with the help of primrose and aduki beans to exfoliate the skin. Now although this mask doesn't smell the best it does help in calming down my face...big time! Spots beware this mask means business and I actually feel like my spots have reduced or dried out, or my skin has called down when I've used this, which has been a real life saver. 

My overall verdict of these masks is that I Love them both. They both do amazing things for my skin and are both made for different purposes. If your looking for something to hit these problem areas then definitely go for the Mask of Magnaminty but if you just want a fun mask to have on when the girls are round grab your self some of the cupcake mask. 

Have you guys tried either of these masks? 
SHARE:
© .. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig