15 March 2014

Harvey Nichols Beauty School Drop out

 Hi guys so on Wednesday 12th I went along to the Harvey Nichols Beauty School Drop out event.
This was a night dedicated to makeup and skincare and had a school theme - such a brilliant idea! They had turned the shop floor into a classroom and had different blackboards all in different areas of the store with different subjects on, there was an Art department where fashion illustrator Milly Jackson was drawing guests (which FYI the drawings were insanely good!) There was a Science department where different brands were giving one on one demonstrations of how certain products worked. There were a few more departments and then there was, the main attraction, the Assembly stage. This is where each hour a different brand would come up and give demonstrations, talks and have Q&A sessions - on here there were the likes of Benefit, Space NK, GHD, Elemis and more (So some pretty big names were up there doing their thang).

So first thing I walked in through the doors and was greeted with the most wonderful cocktail! It was so cute in an old glass milk bottle with a red and white striped straw - The cocktails were super yummy too (both the alcoholic and non-alcoholic).

I then noticed an old sweet shop stall which had all the favourite and classic sweets on!
As I then wandered around the shop floor I got drawn in to the various departments and noticed that in the Music department there was a DJ! (Believe me after a few cocktails being in the music department I wanted to have a good old boogie!)

Anyway there were also games dotted around, one being "spin the lipstick" every time you made a purchase you had the chance of spinning a dial and it had the chance of either landing on a prize or a blank. If it landed on a prize you got to choose from an unbelievable range of prizes - there was Vivienne Westwood, WildFox, Valentino, Cloud 9, Benefit - you get the idea! ( I even managed to bag myself a cute little WildFox Tee).

Now an extra bonus on the night was that the tickets purchased (£10 per person) could be redeemed against any beauty purchase on the evening - I thought this was such a fantastic idea! (& it meant more goes on spin the lipstick!)

Now yes I did get caught up in the excitement on the night and I did come home with a fair few goodies, both purchased and freebies (hoorah!) My main treat of the night was being treated to a benefit eyebrow wax, re-shape and style. Now ladies I am so lazy when it comes to my eyebrows - I leave them for months and then when I do tweeze them I get extremely tweezer happy and end up having about 6 actual hairs forming my eyebrows. So when the benefit brow team said they could give my eyebrows some love I thought girls you have a challenge! Now I am so shocked, my brows under 15 minutes transformed from zeros to heros. They were re-shaped so they matched my face shape perfectly, they had been waxed (which not going to lie did make the eyes water a little), tweezed and filled in all the right places and overall I had some designer looking brows.
Now the girls from benefit used the Gimme Brow, Brow Zings and Boing concealer to give me my beautiful brows, I already had the Brow Zings and Boing concealer at home but I did end up  buying the Gimme Brow, this for me really was a must have product! (& I am doing a whole new blog post dedicated to it's amazingness!)

I also took a stop off at Elemis and was indulged to many various products and spoke about my skin type and what to avoid and what sort of skin care regime I should have which was super helpful! Some Elemis products too have slipped home with me along with the Gimme Brow (Woops - sorry bank card!)

So all in all the night was wonderful, I can't tell you everything that I did on the evening as ladies we'd be here all night. All you really need to know is that it was great evening even the staff on the night were so lovely and I must admit I always had a drink in my hand not once did a host see me without one, and the general atmosphere of the evening had such a buzz!
So thanks Harvey Nics - it truly was an amazing evening!

(Here's a few pics form the evening showing some of my goodies)
 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© .. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig