19 September 2018

'Flowers can't solve problems, but they're a great start'

Bloomin' Wonderful.

Earlier on this year my cousins asked if I wanted to join them on going to a flower arranging class, hmm I'd never been to a flower arranging class before, the only flower arranging I'd ever done come to think of it was pulling out the weeds from my dogs fur after she's had an adventurous run in the fields!

I agree'd and off we went one evening into the Jewellery Quarter of Birmingham, I didn't really know what to expect, I always feel a little anxious inside when I'm going to do something for the first time. My cousins and I arrived at the chosen venue and walked up some stairs, there was a little sign which indicated the way into the room set aside for the class. My cousin opened the door and instantly I was hit with the most beautiful scents, I didn't know what had hit me I felt like I'd walked into some sort of Narnia full of colour and sweet fresh smells. All the anxiety I had went right out the window there and then I was in awe of all these beautiful flowers surrounding me!

After a few minutes had passed and the room had filled, full of equally excited women, a voice arose from the middle of the room welcoming everybody. The voice belonged to Katy. Katy is who sets up the flower arranging classes and has her own little flower studio called Bloom Collective. Bloomin' brilliant is what she is! She continued to explain the class and gave a demonstration, giving key tips for creating the perfect bouquet. The thing I loved about Katy and this class, there were no rules, there was no wrong or rights, you could do any and everything - you were the designer and the judge of your own bouquet.

Katy had laid out numerous plants, flowers and greenery all along the room and she allowed everyone in the class to chose whichever materials they desired to create their own bespoke bouquet. She came around to chat to everyone and helped when needed. It was fabulous, I completely lost track of time my mind was completely indulged in this new world of blooming tulips and eucalyptus stems.

The class started to come to a close and people started to tie up their bouquets and leave, my cousins and I got Katy to tie and wrap our bouquets and off we went all with equally big smiles on our faces. I couldn't quite believe how fascinated I was with what had just happened, I mean how did arranging flowers in my hand create such happiness - madness I tell you!

Anyway one of my cousins quite clearly saw how much I enjoyed Katy's class, as for my birthday she brought us tickets to a wreath making class. FYI - What a good present! However my birthday was in June...I always associated wreaths with Christmas, but hey I thought at least I'll be the first to get their christmas wreaths on the door.

This time Katy's class was in the Mailbox in Birmingham, I then learnt all of her classes are in different venues all around Birmingham - quite exciting really. Katy recognised my cousin and I as we walked into her class and we said our hellos, but my attention was already drifting, the flowers in my surroundings were not holly berries or ever greens, these were pink and purple and yellow flowers, rainbows of colours, a hundred varieties of different greens dotted everywhere - this was not a christmas wreath class but a Spring wreath class. Who knew wreaths aren't just for Christmas ey'!

The class was brilliant, just as the first was, I had so much fun learning about how to intertwine all the different types of flower and such into the wreath template. Again there was no right and no wrong and this what I absolutely LOVE about Katy's classes, she gives you the complete freedom to be comfortable in creating what you believe is perfect for you.

I've loved going to Bloom Collectives Flower Class's and my cousin and I are hoping to book onto her Christmas wreath class! If you're interested in flower arranging, creating wreaths or just want to go out and do something different and put a smile on your face then I would highly recommend trying out Katy's class if your in the West Midlands area.

Here's Bloom Collective's website, go and check it out, Katy is such a talented florist and she also does wedding and events.

Have you ever been to a flower arranging class before - let me know if you have, as I bloomin' LOVE them!
P.S my Spring wreath is STILL going strong in September - all the flowers used have dried beautifully!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© .. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig